[返回博论天下首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
拜登阿富汗情况全国讲话要点(英文, 中文)
送交者: 紅塵[★★声望品衔9★★] 于 2021-08-17 18:47 已读 1394 次  

紅塵的个人频道

8/17/2021 拜登阿富汗情况全国讲话要点 (英文, 中文)  6park.com

评论: 拜登讲话很准确, 反映阿富汗当前现实。不管塔阿是兴是衰, 都是二大国的麻烦, 而不是美国的。拜总比川总狡猾的多, 嘿嘿 6park.com

讲话要点(英文, 中译文)  6park.com

Our mission in Afghanistan was never supposed to have been nation building. It was never supposed to be creating a unified, centralized democracy.我们在阿富汗的使命从来不应该是国家建设。 它从来不应该创造一个统一的、集中的民主。 6park.com

That’s why I opposed the surge when it was proposed in 2009 when I was Vice President. And that’s why, as President, I am adamant that we focus on the threats we face today in 2021 — not yesterday’s threats.这就是为什么我在 2009 年担任副总统时提出的激增是反对的。 这就是为什么,作为总统,我坚持要我们关注 2021 年今天面临的威胁,而不是昨天的威胁。 6park.com

When I came into office, I inherited a deal that President Trump negotiated with the Taliban. Under his agreement, U.S. forces would be out of Afghanistan by May 1, 2021 — just a little over three months after I took office.当我上任时,我继承了特朗普总统与塔利班谈判的一项协议。 根据他的协议,美军将在 2021 年 5 月 1 日之前撤出阿富汗——也就是我上任后的三个多月。 6park.com

U.S. forces had already drawn down during the Trump administration from roughly 15,500 American forces to 2,500 troops in country, and the Taliban was at its strongest militarily since 2001.在特朗普政府期间,美军已经从大约 15,500 名美军缩编至 2,500 名驻军,而塔利班的军事实力达到了 2001 年以来最强大的时期。 6park.com

The choice I had to make, as your President, was either to follow through on that agreement or be prepared to go back to fighting the Taliban in the middle of the spring fighting season.作为你们的总统,我必须做出的选择是要么执行该协议,要么准备在春季战斗季节中期重新与塔利班作战。 6park.com

I stand squarely behind my decision. After 20 years, I’ve learned the hard way that there was never a good time to withdraw U.S. forces.我坚决支持我的决定。 20 年后,我艰难地了解到从来没有撤军的好时机。 6park.com

But I always promised the American people that I will be straight with you. The truth is: This did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated.但我一直向美国人民保证,我会和你们坦诚相待。 事实是:这确实比我们预期的要快得多。 6park.com

So what’s happened? Afghanistan political leaders gave up and fled the country. The Afghan military collapsed, sometimes without trying to fight.那么发生了什么? 阿富汗政治领导人放弃并逃离该国。 阿富汗军队崩溃了,有时甚至没有试图战斗。 6park.com

If anything, the developments of the past week reinforced that ending U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan now was the right decision. 如果有的话,过去一周的事态发展强化了,现在结束美国在阿富汗的军事介入是正确的决定。 6park.com

American troops cannot and should not be fighting in a war and dying in a war that Afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves. 美国军队不能也不应该在阿富汗军队不愿意为自己而战的战争中战斗和死亡。 6park.com

We spent over a trillion dollars. We trained and equipped an Afghan military force of some 300,000 strong — incredibly well equipped — a force larger in size than the militaries of many of our NATO allies. 我们花了超过一万亿美元。 我们训练并装备了一支约 300,000 人的阿富汗军队——装备精良——这支部队的规模比我们许多北约盟国的军队还要大。 6park.com

We gave them every chance to determine their own future. What we could not provide them was the will to fight for that future.我们给了他们一切机会来决定自己的未来。 我们无法提供给他们的是为那个未来而战的意志。 6park.com

And here’s what I believe to my core: It is wrong to order American troops to step up when Afghanistan’s own armed forces would not.这就是我的核心信念:在阿富汗自己的武装部队不加紧行动的情况下,命令美国军队挺身而出是错误的。 6park.com

So I’m left again to ask of those who argue that we should stay: How many more generations of America’s daughters and sons would you have me send to fight Afghans — Afghanistan’s civil war when Afghan troops will not? How many more lives — American lives — is it worth? How many endless rows of headstones at Arlington National Cemetery?所以我又要问那些认为我们应该留下来的人:你们会让我再派多少代美国的女儿和儿子去打阿富汗——阿富汗军队不会的阿富汗内战? 还有多少生命——美国人的生命——值得吗? 阿灵顿国家公墓有多少排无尽的墓碑? 6park.com

And once we have completed this mission, we will conclude our military withdrawal. We will end America’s longest war after 20 long years of bloodshed.一旦我们完成了这项任务,我们将结束我们的撤军。 在经历了 20 年的流血冲突之后,我们将结束美国最长的战争。 6park.com

I will not mislead the American people by claiming that just a little more time in Afghanistan will make all the difference. Nor will I shrink from my share of responsibility for where we are today and how we must move forward from here. I am President of the United States of America, and the buck stops with me.我不会声称在阿富汗多呆一点时间就能让一切变得不同,从而误导美国人民。 我也不会回避我对我们今天所处的位置以及我们必须如何从这里向前迈进的责任。 我是美利坚合众国总统,我的责任就到此为止。 6park.com

I know my decision will be criticized, but I would rather take all that criticism than pass this decision on to another President of the United States — yet another one — a fifth one. 我知道我的决定会受到批评,但我宁愿接受所有这些批评,也不愿将这个决定传递给另一位美国总统——又一位——第五任总统。 6park.com

So, thank you. May God protect our troops, our diplomats, and all of the brave Americans serving in harm’s way.所以谢谢。 愿上帝保护我们的军队、我们的外交官以及所有在危险中服役的勇敢的美国人。

评分完成:已经给本帖加上 10 银元!

喜欢紅塵朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ 紅塵的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回博论天下首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

手机扫描进入,浏览分享更畅快!

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]