[返回谈股论金首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
A hard lesson for sure.. 丢了5万刀
送交者: wmx_q[♂★★声望品衔10★★♂] 于 2019-04-18 10:33 已读 874 次  

wmx_q的个人频道

QCOM Vs. AAPL settlement. How I lost the opportunity to make $50,000 on a very stupid decision

Hello Everyone,
I just needed a place to vent, because I just made the most stupid decision in my life, and I can't really justify it to myself or anyone that I know.
Back in February, I decided that QCOMs case vs AAPL was putting a lot of pressure on the QCOMs stock price and realized that the options are very cheap considering the opportunity for a favorable outcome.
I bought 75 April 18 call options with a strike price of 65 for $0.10 each, and till yesterday night I was still holding them.
I live in Australia, so I am mostly sleeping during US trading hours. Yesterday, however, I woke up at 4 am and decided to put a limit sell order of $0.06 on my options to salvage my losses given that only 2 days are remaining till expiry, and went back to sleep.
I wake up at 7 am to go to work, and see the news and realize that my options would have been worth a small fortune and the contract is being traded at $6 each which would have realized a 6000% return for me in 2 months.
Long story short, I lost the opportunity to make $50,000 just because I made a very stupid decision when I woke up at 4 AM! I feel so disgusted with myself and I dont know what to do to feel better. I got everything right but screwed up at the last minute. I feel so angry with myself and having a mental breakdown, and I needed to let someone know what happened.
How do I live myself and go on with my life after that?
Edit: Thanks for all of those who offered support and understanding of the situation. I truly understand my mistake, and I know I failed because I never really had a risk and an action plan. It was never about trading for me.
I started following QCOM back in 2016 and I knew almost everything about the lawsuits and the risks facing the company. In January and February, when the stock fell to the 50s, I started building my thesis and realized the following:
Telecom Companies started tolling 5G networks.
Phone manufacturers are introducing 5G phones in 2019.
Huwaei and Qualcomm are the global leaders in 5G modems.
Intel is far behind in 5G technology and the sole supplier for AAPL modems.
AAPL cannot really introduce a 5G phone in 2019 if they don't settle with Qualcomm early in the year.
Given the above, I was almost certain that the settlement will happen, and when I looked into options I knew the risk/return were exceptional so I decided to take a small position. Unfortunately for me, I got the timing just wrong because I haven't planned on rerolling my options and I took action at a time when I wasn't really aware of the complete consequences of selling my position. When I think about it now, I know how stupid that was, just because the option was trading at 0.03 when I put my limit order, and the only reason my order will be executed at 0.06 will be favorable news. If I analyzed that more at the time, I would have realized that putting the order is the worst possible decision.
A hard lesson for sure..
喜欢wmx_q朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ wmx_q的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回谈股论金首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
    进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]