[返回经济观察首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
世界卫生组织总干事宣布新冠疫情为国际公卫突发事件的讲话(双语)
送交者: 铗归来[♂☆★声望品衔8★☆♂] 于 2020-01-31 9:30 已读 696 次 1 赞  

铗归来的个人频道

北京时间1月31日凌晨3点30分,世界卫生组织总干事谭德塞(Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus)在世界卫生组织总部─瑞士日内瓦,宣布新型冠状病毒的爆发为全球公共卫生突发事件。以下为谭德塞在这场记者会上的开场讲话全文双语对照版,仅供学习英语使用:

WHO Director-General's statement on IHR Emergency Committee on Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
30 January 2020
Good evening to everyone in the room, and to everyone online.
各位在场和线上的朋友们,晚上好。
Over the past few weeks, we have witnessed the emergence of a previously unknown pathogen, which has escalated into an unprecedented outbreak, and which has been met by an unprecedented response.
过去几周以来,我们目睹了一种此前未知的病原体的紧急突发事态─其已升级至一种前所未见的爆发阶段,亦被以一种前所未见的方式所因应着。
As I have said repeatedly since my return from Beijing, the Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak, despite the severe social and economic impact those measures are having on the Chinese people.
正如我从北京返回之后所反复表示的:中国政府应该因其不凡的、控制爆发的应对措施受到肯定──即使采取这些措施,对中国人民的社会和经济带来了的显著影响。
We would have seen many more cases outside China by now – and probably deaths – if it were not for the government’s efforts, and the progress they have made to protect their own people and the people of the world.
若非中国政府所采取的措施,以及他们所获致的保护中国人民和世界人民的进展,我们恐怕已在中国之外看到更多的病例,以及死亡。
The speed with which China detected the outbreak, isolated the virus, sequenced the genome and shared it with WHO and the world are very impressive, and beyond words. So is China’s commitment to transparency and to supporting other countries.
中国侦测到这场爆发、分离病毒体,对病毒基因组进行测序,并和世卫组织和全球分享的速度令人印象深刻,难以言喻。中国对透明度的承诺和对其他国家的支持亦复如是。
In many ways, China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response. It’s not an exaggeration.
从很多方面而言,中国的确树立了应对疫情爆发的新标准。这并不是一种夸饰。
I also offer my profound respect and thanks to the thousands of brave health professionals and all frontline responders, who in the midst of the Spring Festival, are working 24/7 to treat the sick, save lives and bring this outbreak under control.
我也要向数千名勇敢的医疗专业人士和所有在前线的疫情应对者,致上我最深重的尊敬和感谢。他们在中国春节期间,以每天24小时、每周7天的速度治疗患者、抢救生命,将这场疫情的爆发置于控制之下。
Thanks to their efforts, the number of cases in the rest of the world so far has remained relatively small. 谢谢他们的努力。这使在中国以外其他地方的病例,现在还保持在相对较少的水平。
There are now 98 cases in 18 countries outside China, including 8 cases of human-to-human transmission in four countries: Germany, Japan, Viet Nam and the United States of America.
目前在中国以外,共有18个国家确诊了98个新冠病毒的病例,其中8例“人传人”案例发生在下列4个国家:德国、日本、越南和美国。
So far we have not seen any deaths outside China, for which we must all be grateful. Although these numbers are still relatively small compared to the number of cases in China, we must all act together now to limit further spread. The vast majority of cases outside China have a travel history to Wuhan, or contact with someone with a travel history to Wuhan.
到目前为止,在中国以外我们还没有看到致死病例。对此,我们必须心怀感恩。即使这些中国以外的病例数字比起中国的来说还相对较少,但我们必须现在就一起行动,以遏制后续的传播。在中国以外地区确诊的病例,大多数都有造访武汉的旅行史,或与某个曾有武汉旅行史的人有过接触。
We don’t know what sort of damage this virus could do if it were to spread in a country with a weaker health system.
我们不知道,如果这一病毒扩散到某个拥有较弱卫生体系的国家时会造成哪种危害。
We must act now to help countries prepare for that possibility.
我们必须现在就开始行动,以帮助各国预防这种可能性。
For all of these reasons, I am declaring a public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of novel coronavirus.
基于这些原因,我宣布:新型冠状病毒的全球爆发,为一种国际关注的公共卫生突发事件。
The main reason for this declaration is not because of what is happening in China, but because of what is happening in other countries.
做出这一宣布的原因,并不是因为在中国发生的事态,而是因为在其他国家所发生的事态。
Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems, and which are ill-prepared to deal with it.
我们最大的关切,是病毒传播到拥有较弱卫生体系,无适当准备以应对之的国家的可能性。
Let me be clear: this declaration is not a vote of no confidence in China. On the contrary, WHO continues to have confidence in China’s capacity to control the outbreak.
让我说得清楚些:这一宣布,并非是对中国投下“不信任票”;与之相反,世界卫生组织持续对中国控制爆发的能力怀有信心。
As you know, I was in China just a few days ago, where I met with President Xi Jinping. I left in absolutely no doubt about China’s commitment to transparency, and to protecting the world’s people.
正如大家所知的,几天前我曾造访中国,在那里我会见了中国国家主席习近平。我对中国致力于透明度和保护世界人民的承诺毫不怀疑。
To the people of China and to all of those around the world who have been affected by this outbreak, we want you to know that the world stands with you. We are working diligently with national and international public health partners to bring this outbreak under control as fast as possible.
对于中国人民和全世界被这场爆发所影响的人们,我想让你们知道:全世界和你们站在一起。我们正勤奋地和国家级和国际级的公共卫生伙伴一道工作,欲以最快的速度将疫情置于控制之中。
In total, there are now 7834 confirmed cases, including 7736 in China, representing almost 99% of all reported cases worldwide. 170 people have lost their lives to this outbreak, all of them in China.
现在,全球共有7834个确诊案例,包括在中国的7736个──这占了全球通报病例数的将近99%。170人已因这场疫情爆发丧失了生命,他们都位于中国。
We must remember that these are people, not numbers.
我们必须铭记:这些是人,而不是数字。
More important than the declaration of a public health emergency are the committee’s recommendations for preventing the spread of the virus and ensuring a measured and evidence-based response.
比起宣布此疫情为全球公卫突发事件更重要的是,突发事件委员会对于防范病毒传播的建议,以及关于确保所有应对措施都是基于证据的建议。
I would like to summarize those recommendations in seven key areas.
我愿将这些建议总结为七个面向:
First, there is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. WHO doesn’t recommend limiting trade and movement.
第一, 没有理由采取非必要的对国际旅行和国际贸易加以介入的措施。世卫组织并不建议限制贸易和活动。
We call on all countries to implement decisions that are evidence-based and consistent. WHO stands ready to provide advice to any country that is considering which measures to take.
我们呼吁所有国家采取基于证据的和具有一致性的决定。世卫组织已经准备好为任何需要征询需采取何种措施的国家提供建议。
Second, we must support countries with weaker health systems.
第二, 我们必须支持拥有较弱卫生体系的国家。
Third, accelerate the development of vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics.
第三, 要加速疫苗、疗法和诊断方式的研发。
Fourth, combat the spread of rumours and misinformation.
第四, 要抗击谣言和错误信息的传播。
Fifth, review preparedness plans, identify gaps and evaluate the resources needed to identify, isolate and care for cases, and prevent transmission.
第五, 要审视备灾计划,找出差距,并评估确定、隔离和照顾病例以及防止传播所需的资源。
Sixth, share data, knowledge and experience with WHO and the world.
第六, 要和世卫组织与全世界分享数据、知识和经验。
And seventh, the only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity and cooperation. We are all in this together, and we can only stop it together.
第七, 我们唯一能击败这一疫情爆发的方式,是所有的国家以一种团结和合作的精神共同努力。我们都置身于这一局势下,也只有靠我们一起,才能够遏制它。
This is the time for facts, not fear.这是一个需要事实,而不是恐惧的时刻。
This is the time for science, not rumours.这是一个需要科学,而不是谣言的时刻。
This is the time for solidarity, not stigma.这是需要团结,而不是羞辱的时刻。
Thank you.谢谢大家。

6park.com

Reads 46.8k 6park.com

Wow406 6park.com

Top Comments

Comment 6park.com

6park.com

114 6park.com

喜欢铗归来朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ 铗归来的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回经济观察首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]