https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lYA7c1Pnuo

6park.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pI3N6T6ht4

6park.com

6park.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDEK3IOBT0

6park.com

6park.com

https://www.yucatanexpatriateservices.com/resident-services/how-to-apply-for-a-mexican-resident-card-for-the-first-time.html

6park.com

How To Apply For a Mexican Resident Card For The First Time

Updated February, 25 2020.

The following article outlines the necessary steps that must be taken by foreigners who intend to live in Mexico (for non-lucrative purposes) to obtain a temporary or permanent resident card for the first time.

This process starts at a Mexican Consulate and finishes in Mexico by doing something called canje (exchange in English) at the Immigration Offices. Through the canje, foreigners who hold a Mexican VISA in their passports, granted by a Mexican consulate, apply at the Immigration Institute for a resident CARD of the same characteristics as the VISA given at the Consulate.

Here is the detailed process divided in two main steps:

REQUESTING VISA AT A MEXICAN CONSULATE

Applying for the visa

Submit the following documents:

Online form, which is available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website www.sre.gob.mx as well as at any Mexican Consulate. This form must have the signature of the applicant. In case of minors, the person signing must be the parent or guardian.Original and copy of passport or other valid identity and travel document.One frontal picture (passport size, minimum: 3.2 cm x 2.6 and maximum: 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm) in color with white background. Applicant must not be wearing glasses or earrings in the photo and hair must be behind the ears. Pictures should be taken in a specialized photography studio. Polaroid or cellular phone pictures will not be accepted.Payment of the VISA fees: 40 USD.

If the foreigner is applying for a TEMPORARY RESIDENCY:

Original and copy of statements as proof of investments or statements of bank accounts with a monthly average balance equivalent to five thousand days of general minimum wage in Mexico (123.22 MXP for 2020), approximately $32,500 USD for the past twelve months (considering a rate of exchange of 19 pesos per US dollar).OROriginal and copy of bank statements with a monthly income or pension (free of liens) greater than the equivalent of three hundred days of general minimum wage in Mexico (123.22 MXP for 2020), approximately $1,950 USD for the past six months (considering a rate of exchange of 19 pesos per US dollar).

If the foreigner is applying for PERMANENT RESIDENCY:

Original and copy of statements as proof of investments or statements of bank accounts with a monthly average balance equivalent to twenty thousand days of general minimum wage in Mexico (123.22 MXP for 2020), approximately $130,000 USD for the past twelve months (considering a rate of exchange of 19 pesos per US dollar).OROriginal and copy of documents showing that the applicant has a pension (free of liens) greater than the equivalent of five hundred days of general minimum wage in Mexico (123.22 MXP for 2020), approximately $3,250 USD for the past six months (considering a rate of exchange of 19 pesos per US dollar).

It is worth mentioning that only pensioners can apply for the Permanent Resident VISA without having the Temporary Resident VISA first.

Interview  

In an interview with an officer of the Mexican Consulate, the applicant will be asked to provide information such as personal data, purpose of the trip and any other relevant.  During the interview, the officer will analyze the information and documents received and will authorize or deny the VISA.

Printing the visa in the applicant’s passport

The VISA will be issued within the following 10 working days and will be valid for 180 days and just for 1 entry to Mexico.  Once the applicant is in Mexico, he/she has 30 days to start the canje application as follows:

REQUESTING YOUR RESIDENT CARD AT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICES

Canje application

Submit the following documents:

Online form, which is available at the Immigration Offices’ website https://www.inm.gob.mx/tramites/publico/estancia.html. This form must have the signature of the applicant. In case of minors, the person signing must be the parent or guardian.Letter requesting the canje of the VISA.Original and copy of the passport.FMM form, provided at the port of entry, marked as canje for 30 days.Formato básico (“basic form” in English), which can be downloaded here and filled out by the applicant: http://www.inm.gob.mx/complementos/FORMATO/Formato_Basico.pdfPayment of Immigration fees:TEMPORARY RESIDENT: $4,271 pesos (for one year) – The canje procedure only allows the applicant to obtain a one year resident card. The next year when the applicant renews it, he/she can request a 1, 2 or 3 years card.PERMANENT RESIDENT: $5,206 pesos.

NOTE: in order to make the payments, an Immigration officer will provide an E5 form to the applicant and with it the applicant can go to any bank to make the payment and then return to the Immigration office with the receipt.

Follow the procedure

Once the applicant has submitted at the Immigration Offices all the documents mentioned above, he/she will receive a document with two numbers (one is called “NUT” and other is called pieza) and a password; these numbers will help the applicant to follow up on his/her procedure online at: https://www.inm.gob.mx/tramites/publico/seguimiento-tramite.html

The applicant can follow the status of his/her application and when a note saying Registre los datos para la expedición de su documento migratorio shows, that will mean that the canje has been approved.

The time frame of this to happen is between 10 to 15 working days, starting from the day that the documents were submitted until the day of the approval.

Appointment

Once the procedure has been approved, the applicant must go the Immigration Offices to request an appointment. On the day of the appointment, the applicant must be at the Immigration Offices 10 minutes before and must bring 3 pictures as follow:

Three color photos with white background, infant size (2.5 x 3 cm):

Two photos taken from the front.One photo taken from the right profile.Applicant must not be wearing glasses or earrings in the photo and hair must be behind the ears; wear dark color shirts; matte finish.Pictures should be taken in a specialized photography studio. Polaroid or cellular phone pictures will not be accepted.

In this appointment the applicant will sign some documents and have his/her fingerprints taken.

Resident Card ready

After the appointment, the card will be printed at the Immigration Offices and be ready for pick up approximately 1 week after.

At Yucatán Expatriate Services, we can advise you and/or assist you in this important process, which if done correctly, will keep you from going many times to the Immigration office and incurring additional expenses. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us: info@yucatanyes.com or +52 (999) 927 24 37.

6park.com

https://internationalliving.com/countries/mexico/visa/ 6park.com

6park.com

Mexico Visa and Residency Information

As you go through the process of country shopping, perhaps the most important criteria (above cost of living, climate, and medical care) is understanding the visa/immigration options for that country and what it takes to qualify as well as what benefits, restrictions, and exclusions are on the table. And as important as it is, too many folks pay scarce attention to it in the beginning.

For our purposes, we will concentrate on the two types of visas sought by the vast majority of expats; Temporary Residency and Permanent Residency. To be completely legal, hopeful expats will need to apply for one of these two types of residency visas. The process is not difficult but does require a bit of paperwork (often beginning online and the forms will be in Spanish), participating in an interview with a consulate officer, and the ability to prove economic solvency that meets the requirement for the visa you seek.

This is probably a good time to acknowledge that a fairly large number of expats are living in Mexico on the frayed edge of legality. They entered as millions do each year as legal visitors/tourists with only a passport and no visa.

Tourists/visitors can legally remain in Mexico, holding only a valid passport, for 180 days and must then leave. This generous policy allows large numbers of Snow Birds to seek asylum from frigid winters north of the border and spend months in the warmth of Mexico. But some take advantage of the intent of this policy and the Mexican government has taken note. Perhaps the government recognizes the positive economic impact generated by these folks and have been slow on enforcement…until now.

A number of tourists/visitors have avoided the visa application process by simply moving their lives to Mexico with no residency visa. They enter as tourists and then exit the country right before their 180 days expire, quickly reentering for another 180 days. They must repeat these border runs every six months. Although this process has worked for a large number of tourists over the years, Mexico is now moving toward stronger enforcement and some who have built lives in Mexico are now being denied reentry without proper documentation. This is a gamble that may result in the inability to return to Mexico. Further, the current state of U.S. and Mexico relations (at the time of this writing) could see the situation at ports of entries change on a moment’s notice.

Begin your Visa process by visiting the website for the nearest Mexican Consulate in your state. Find the section regarding immigration and complete the application. The form will be in Spanish so utilize an interpreter if necessary. Once your basic form has been processed, you should receive an email assigning an appointment date and time. The website should also provide you with a list of the required documents to bring to your appointment which will include a passport photo.

A Consular Officer will review your documents, verify your economic solvency, and ask a few questions regarding your current status and why you want to live in Mexico. Decisions can be made on the spot and your visa could be processed that very day or maybe a day or two later, if all is in order.

Once your visa has been granted and placed inside your passport, you have completed the first step in Mexico´s three step immigration process. Your visa is good for 180 days which means you must arrive at a Mexican Port-of-Entry before it expires. Your entry into Mexico completes the second step in the process and starts the clock ticking. Your new visa is only a temporary document that permits a one-time entry into Mexico as a resident.

The third and final step must be completed within 30 days of arriving in Mexico by visiting a local immigration office and applying for your official residency card through the canje process. It is the issuance of this residency card that makes your residency legal, not the possession of your visa.  If you fail to meet this deadline, your visa will become invalid and you may be directed to leave the country and begin again.

Temporary Residency Visas

Temporary Resident Visas are granted to those who want to stay longer than six months but less than four years. After four years of temporary residency, you can apply to convert to Permanent Residency status, which is normally quite painless. One of the primary reasons that folks initially apply for temporary residency is that the income requirements are significantly less than what is needed for permanent residency. At today´s exchange rate, the income requirement for temporary residency is about $1,620 per month. Add an additional $540 for a spouse.

Temporary Residents can:

Purchase and register a Mexican-plated carOpen a bank accountImport household goods without dutyTemporarily bring your U.S. plated vehicle into MexicoHave unrestricted/unlimited entry and exit at bordersObtain permanent residency after 4 YearsProve income of at least $1620 per month plus $540 for spouse or savings of $27,000.

Temporary Residents cannot:

VoteCannot directly own land close to border or beach (Must be placed in trust)Must inform immigration of local employment who will then grant permissionInitial issue for one year with renewals available for 1,2, or 3 yearsNo renewals after 4 years. Become a Permanent Resident or leave.

Permanent Residency

Mexican Consulates will collect a $36 fee per visa, upon issuance. When obtaining your residency card, you will pay a fee equivalent to about $265.

Permanent Residents have:

All rights of Mexican Citizens except votingNo need to renew residency. This is a permanent statusUnlimited border crossings…come and go as you wish.Maintain legal employment or self-employment without consentMust prove income of $2,700 per month plus $540 for spouse or show savings of $108,000.

Permanent Residents cannot:

Personally own land close to borders or beach (Must form trust)Cannot import foreign plated vehicles.

6park.com

Do You Need a Visa to Go to Mexico?

6park.com

How I Got My Mexican Visa

By Melissa Heisler 6park.com

Los Cabos sits on a peninsula with the mighty Pacific Ocean on one side and the beautifully calm Sea of Cortez on the other. ©Jason Holland/International Living

When I moved to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in 2015, I had no idea if I would be there one month, one year, or longer. Thankfully, United States and Canadian visitors generally receive a 180-day tourist visa when they enter Mexico, so I had time to figure out how long I was staying and how the visa process worked.

Once my heart told me I was destined to stay, I looked into my options for permanent residence. I decided to apply for temporary residence (Residente Temporal) first. After that, I would be able to apply to become a permanent resident (Residente Permanente—similar to a permanent green card in the U.S.).

The immigration authorities now use a “points system,” with points added based on certain factors. The relevant ones are financial background, ownership of property in Mexico, and a strong relationship between the applicant and Mexico.

As I did not have a job to go to in Mexico, I chose to apply with retirement status. Although I was not even 50 yet, I could use this status if I could show the required retirement funds. This status allows people to come to Mexico who are not intending to work here nor receive any of their social services (with the exception of public healthcare, which is available to all residents).

One important point: The documentation process does not start in Mexico. Coming from the U.S., I needed to go to a Mexican consulate in the U.S. If I were from Canada or elsewhere, it would be at the nearest Mexican consulate in that country.

I decided to travel to Chicago to get things started. Unfortunately, because I had to gather all the documentation I needed, I wasn’t able to complete the process on that first trip and returned to Mexico without it done. Be warned that some consulates will expect to see hard copies of your last 12 bank statements (others will accept six—it varies with location). While the Mexican immigration department has its own requirements, consulates have some leeway to set their own guidelines, too. If I can give one piece of advice, it would be to talk to only one consulate for the entire process and make sure you know their specific requirements.

I returned to the U.S. a few months later, with all my preparations made. I booked a one-way ticket from Cabo to Chicago, as I needed to leave my passport at the consulate and they did not specify when the process would be complete. In the event, it took less than one week. The staff were amazing, the process was smooth, and the cost was minimal (around $40).

Once the consulate finished their process, my passport had a special sticker in it regarding my visa application. It is very important to show this to the immigration desk upon arriving in Mexico, and you must travel to Mexico within 60 days. When you arrive, there is a different immigration process for applicants versus normal tourists, and it needs to be completed at the point-of-entry immigration desk. The officer must give you an entry visa showing “Canje” and not “Tourist.” (If the immigration officer marks you as a “Tourist,” this invalidates the whole process, and you have to start over.)

Finally, you need to go to your local immigration office in Mexico within 30 days of arriving to complete the process and actually get your residence card.

Many people choose to hire a “fixer” or attorney.

I decided to hire help to complete the process in Mexico. Many people choose to hire a “fixer” or immigration attorney, since the paperwork can be complex and the process is in Spanish. It costs between $600 and $1,500, depending on your circumstances and the attorney used. Martha Sandoval, whose office is conveniently next to the immigration building in Cabo, helped me with mine. It took a few weeks, in which time I could not leave Mexico (you must stay in-country for at least a month). But at the end I received my Residente Temporal card.

Temporary resident status needs to be renewed each year, but you can apply to renew multiple years in advance. I renewed after my first year and then paid for the other years upfront, so that I didn’t have to remember to renew. Next January, I will be able to apply for permanent residence.

After one year as a permanent resident, and depending on my score on the points system mentioned above, I can apply to become a citizen of Mexico. Unlike the resident status, there is a time-in-Mexico requirement for the citizen application. In the two years preceding application for citizenship, I cannot be outside of Mexico for more than 180 days total.

To prepare for citizenship, I am also studying hard, as there is an exam on Spanish language, as well as in Mexican history and culture. If I want to bypass the history test, I can just wait until I am 60, when it is no longer required, although I’ll still need to demonstrate knowledge of the Spanish language.

For now, I am proud to be a Residente Temporal and loving the added benefit of bypassing the always-crowded tourist immigration kiosks at the airport.

International Living’s suggested immigration attorneys in Mexico are Ernesto Arrañaga in Playa del Carmen and Mérida (see: Interlexmexico.com) and Diana Cuevas in San Miguel de Allende (contact: Dianac.lawyer@gmail.com). Both speak excellent English.

6park.com

Resources

Cabo San Lucas, MexicoSan Miguel de Allende, MexicoQuerétaro, MexicoHuatulco, MexicoZihuatanejo, MexicoClimate in MexicoMove to MexicoPuerto Vallarta, MexicoReal Estate in San Miguel de AllendeReal Estate in Puerto VallartaRiviera Maya, MexicoCozumel, MexicoChetumal, MexicoBacalar, MexicoBuying Real Estate in Los Cabos, MexicoBuying Real Estate in Tulúm, MexicoCancun, MexicoCost of Living in MexicoOaxaca, MexicoMexico Real EstateReal Estate on the Riviera Maya, MexicoTodos Santos, MexicoPlaya del Carmen, MexicoIsla Mujeres, MexicoMazatlán, MexicoTaxes In MexicoPuerto Morelos, MexicoLiving in MexicoHealthcare In MexicoMerida, MexicoAkumal, MexicoLake Chapala, MexicoPuebla, MexicoValladolid, MexicoSayulita, MexicoLos Barriles, MexicoRio Lagartos, MexicoWhere Is MexicoCosta Maya, MexicoMaps of MexicoTulúm, MexicoFacts About MexicoGuanajuato, MexicoMaking Money in MexicoRetiree Benefits in MexicoMedicare Benefits for U.S. Citizens Living AbroadRolodex: Contacts in MexicoRetire in MexicoOne Million Americans in Mexico Can’t All Be WrongBeach Property In MexicoTravel in MexicoInvesting in MexicoMexico
6park.com

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/index.php/en/foreigners/visa/361-i-want-to-live-permanently-in-mexico-as-a-retiree-or-through-family-union-what-visa-do-i-need 6park.com

I want to live permanently in Mexico as a retiree or through family union. What visa do I need?

Foreigners who wish to remain in Mexico indefinitely must apply in person for a Permanent Resident Visa at the Consular Office closest to their place of residence.

Please make an appointment at the Consulate at the email docextmon@sre.gob.mx and bring the following documents:

Requirements:

1.    Visa application, printed  double sided, and properly completed and signed.

2.    Passport or valid travel and identity document, original and a photocopy of the page containing the photograph and personal data.

3.    Original and a photocopy of the migratory document accrediting the legal stay in Canada (only for applicants who are not Canadian citizens).

4.    One photograph measuring 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm, face uncovered, no eyeglasses, frontal view, in colour and with white background.

5.    Payment of fees in cash for the issuance of the visa.

Applicants must also present the following documents, depending on the category under which they are applying:

A. If you are the retiree:

Original and photocopy of proof of investments or bank accounts with an average monthly balance equivalent to $181,338.00 CAD during the last twelve months to your appointment at the consulate, orOriginal and a photocopy of proof of monthly income from pensions in the amount of $4,533.00 CAD during the past six months to your appointment at the consulate.

Originals, if printed from an online banking account or at the bank, must bear the seal of the institution on each page, in order to render them authentic.

B. If you apply by family unity:

If the family member is a Mexican national

Original and a photocopy of the official document proving family ties with the Mexican citizen.Original and copy of proof of Mexican nationality of the person you are related to.

If the family member is a foreigner with permanent or temporary residence status:

Original and a photocopy of the official document proving family ties with the foreigner with permanent status. (marriage certificate, birth certificate, notarized document stating common-law partnership. etc)

Original and copy of proof of the foreigner’s migratory status as a permanent resident in Mexico, and

Proof of economic solvency for the living expenses of each of the family members with

ü  Original and a photocopy of investments or bank accounts proving a minimum monthly income of $907.00 CAD during the past twelve months, or

ü  Original and copy of proof of employment or pension plan with minimum monthly income of $907.00 CAD for the last six months.

If you require additional information, please send an email to the visa department at docextmon@sre.gob.mx

Important Notes:

Family unity applications can only be accepted at a Consular Office if the foreigner with permanent/temporary resident in Mexico or the Mexican citizen accompanies the family member at the time the application is submitted.This category only applies to foreigners who are the children; parents; children of the spouse or common-law partner; or siblings of a Mexican citizen or foreigner with permanent residence in Mexico.Spouses or common-law partners of a foreigner with permanent residence, or mexican citizen, can only obtain a temporary residence.Foreign public documents to be submitted to the INM, in order to be valid in Mexico, with the exception of the passport or identity and travel documents, must be apostilled or legalized by the corresponding office.The documents must be legible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_United_States_citizens 6park.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Chinese_citizens_of_Hong_Kong 6park.com

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/hongkong/index.php/for-foreigners/visa-exemptions/tempvisa 6park.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Vb-bcD8Ro

贴主:nowhere1于2023_02_17 17:29:48编辑
喜欢nowhere1朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ nowhere1的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回非常影音首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
    进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]