[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
版主,帮我看看,我这篇作文在英语11的级别能得B么
送交者: 丰z[布衣] 于 2014-05-21 1:04 已读 3107 次 1 赞  

丰z的个人频道

It is been days since I finished this incredible book, and I just have the time and mood to sit down and write out what’s within. Flower for Algernon is the book that is able to attract my total attention. This amazing story is taking place in New York. This novel tells us a story about 32 years old idiot Charlie, who accepted an experiment of brain operation and become a genius, but he finds out the effect cannot last long. Several months later the sequel of operation turns him back to an idiot.

Flower of Algernon is written by Daniel Keyes, who is famous for testing the phenomenon of different personalities. This novel was published in 1959 and won the Hugo Award for best short story in 1960.

Charlie Jordan has a very low IQ: 68.  He is a floor sweeper in the Bakery colleagues. Before the operation, he thoughts everyone is his friend and his life is full of peace. All he wants is to be more intelligent so that more people could accept him and to be his friend. Charlie attends reading and writing classes at the Beekman College for stupid adults. He meets Professor Nemur and Doctor Strauss, who are two researchers at the Beekman College and are looking for a person that they can test an experimental surgery for increasing intelligence. They have already tried the surgery on a mouse named Algernon, and it does leading to an improvement in it mental performance. When he get picked for experimental surgery it seem like his dream may come true.

The experiment is a success. Charlie’s IQ reaches 185. While his IQ increasing, he is starting understand what the real world is. His parents left him alone, his sister look down on him, Bakery Colleagues just put him as a fool to make fun of, and everyone is selfish. Soon enough he realizes that no one really cares about him. Lucky enough Algernon is his only friend, a smart mouse which accepted the same surgery.

While his intelligence increasing, he knows more about the science theory that behind the cause of his foolishness. Shortly after, Algernon starts behaving very abnormal, he lost his intelligence and his life. In the meantime, Charlie has to face the possibility that his life is going to end…

This book shows the best part of complexity of human nature, of what is going on in Charlie’s head and the conflict between Charlie and people around him. Also, this book is writing in the first person point of view, we are all allow a better sight into Charlie feel and thought and how they changed over time. The sincere writing of Charlie: “I am glad I got a second chance in like you said to be smart because I learned many things that I never even ‘new’, in this ‘werld’ and I am grateful  I saw it all even for a little bit.”  Charlie’s tragedy is that in the time he become a genius, he realizes Algernon is his only friend and professors just treat him as a lab mouse. For Charlie, the only purpose of becoming intelligent is to having more friends. However, when he starting becomes a genius, he lost his all friend.

If I can use a sentence to summarize the story I will say: “Charlie lives through joys, sorrows, and ironic experience.” In my personal point of view, Charlie is not a genius throughout the whole book. One perfect example would be he does not dare to show his love to Alice. Charlie can find a way out and he may spend with Alice for the rest of his life. I know it is unfair that Alice to love a man who cannot love her the way she does, but that is life, that is how life will be in the world. The earth will continue rotate even with or without you.

After reading this book, I have another perception and feel in life. The one who you may ignore is the one who may love you the most.  谢谢咯,打分在回复下面打就可以 总分10分,手下留情啊。

评分完成:已经给本帖加上 30 银元!

喜欢丰z朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ 丰z的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

手机扫描进入,浏览分享更畅快!

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]