[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
英国新首相当选演讲
送交者: icemessenger[♂☆★★★SuperMod★★★☆♂] 于 2019-08-02 20:13 已读 329 次  

icemessenger的个人频道

编辑手记 6park.com

据BBC消息,当地时间7月23日,鲍里斯·约翰逊(Boris Johnson)赢得保守党党魁选举,成为英国新首相。 6park.com

约翰逊获得了92153票支持,对手亨特获得46656票支持。结果公布后,约翰逊发表获胜演讲。在演讲中,他表示当选保守党党首是“非凡的荣耀”,肯定了对手杰里米·亨特,同时感谢了前任特雷莎·梅所的辛苦与贡献。 6park.com

约翰逊称,保守党需要有与其他人合作的本能,需要有自我治理的本能,他竞选的最主要目的是实现脱欧、团结国家,同时打败杰里米·科尔宾(现任英国工党党首)。约翰逊称,“现在我要去继续我的工作了”。

演讲全文 6park.com

Thank you, Cheryl. Thank you, Charles. Thank you very much, Brandon, for a fantastic, well-organised campaign. I think it did a lot of credit, as Brandon has just said, to our party, to our values and to our ideals. But I want to begin by thanking my opponent, Jeremy. By common consent, an absolutely formidable campaigner and a great leader and a great politician. 6park.com

谢丽尔,谢谢你。查尔斯,谢谢你。布兰登,你组织了一场出色的、有条不紊的竞选活动,无比感谢。正如布兰登所言,我认为这次胜选很大程度上归功于我们(保守)党,归功于我们的价值观和理想。我首先要感谢我的对手杰里米(译注:杰里米·亨特)。大家一致认为,你是一个令人敬畏的竞选者、伟大的领袖、伟大的政治家。

Jeremy, in the course of 20 hustings... or hustings-style events - it was more than 3000 miles by the way, it's about 7000 miles that we did criss-crossing the country. You've been friendly. You've been good natured. You've been a font of excellent ideas, all of which I proposeto steal forthwith. 6park.com

杰里米,在20场竞选活动中,或者说像竞选那样的活动中,你奔波了3000多英里,顺便说一下,我们在全国各地来回跑了大约7000英里。你一直很友好。你脾气真好。你有很多了不起的点子,我打算把它们偷过来

And above all I want to thank our outgoing leader, Theresa May for her extraordinary service to this party and to this country. 6park.com

最重要的是,我要感谢我们即将离任的领导人特蕾莎·梅,感谢她为这个党和这个国家做出的杰出贡献。

It was a privilege to serve in her Cabinet and to see the passion and determination that she brought to the many causes that are her legacy, from equal pay for men and women to tackling the problems of mental health and racial discrimination in the criminal justice system. 6park.com

能在她的内阁任职是我的荣幸,我还有幸看到她满怀热情、锲而不舍地投身各项事业,从男女同工同酬到解决刑事司法系统中的心理健康和种族歧视问题,这将成为你的遗产。

Thank you, Theresa. Thank you. 6park.com

谢谢你,特蕾莎,谢谢。

And I want to thank all of you, all of you here today and obviously everybody in the Conservative Party, for your hard work, for your campaigning, for your public spirit, and obviously for the extraordinary honour and privilege you have just conferred on me. 6park.com

而且,我要感谢你们所有人,今天在座的所有人,当然还有每一个保守党人,感谢你们的辛勤工作,感谢你们的竞选活动,感谢你们的公共精神,当然也感谢你们刚刚授予我非凡的荣誉和特权。

And I know that there will be people around the place, who will question the wisdom of your decision.And there may even be some people here who still wonder quite what they have done. 6park.com

我知道这里会有人质疑你们的决定是否明智。在座的有些人甚至可能还在想他们到底做了些什么。

I would just point out to you of course nobody, no one party, no one person has a monopoly of wisdom.But if you look at the history of the last 200 years of this party's existence, you will see that it is we Conservatives who have had the best insights, I think, into human nature and in the best insights in how to manage the jostling sets of instincts in the human heart. 6park.com

我要向你们指出的是,显然没有人,没有一个党派,没有一个人可以垄断智慧。但如果你看看这个政党过去200年的历史,你会发现正是我们保守党对人性有着最深刻的洞见,人心有各种冲动互相冲突,而我们最懂得怎样弥合调解。

And time and again, it is to us that the people of this country have turned to get that balance right between the instincts to own your own house, your own home, to earn and spend your own money, to look after your own family. 6park.com

而且,英国人民一次次求助于我们,以便在各种本能中求得平衡。这些本能包括拥有你自己的房子,拥有你自己的家,自己赚钱自己花,照顾你自己的家庭。

Good instincts, proper instincts, noble instincts.And the equally noble instinct to share and to give everyone a fair chance in life. And to look after the poorest and the neediest. And to build a great society.And on the whole, in the last 200 years, it is we Conservatives who have understood best how to encourage those instincts to work together in harmony to promote the good of the whole country. 6park.com

这些是好的本能、正当的本能、高贵的本能。同样高贵的本能还有,去分享、去给予每个人公平的机会。去照顾最贫穷、最急需帮助的人。去建立一个伟大的社会。总的来说,过去200年里,是我们保守党人最理解如何鼓励这些本能相互配合,促进整个国家的利益。(译注:这种政治哲学属于英国保守主义中的一个支派,即One-Nation Conservatism,由迪斯雷利提出)

And today, at this pivotal moment in our history, we again have to reconcile two sets of instincts, two noble sets of instincts. Between the deep desire of friendship and free trade and mutual support in security and defence between Britain and our European partners.And the simultaneous desire, equally deep and heartfelt for democratic self-government in this country. 6park.com

今天,在我们历史的紧要关头,我们必须再次调和这两种本能、两种高尚的本能。一方面,我们殷切期望维持与欧洲伙伴的友谊、自由贸易以及在安全防御方面相互支持。而与此同时,我们也衷心希望维持这个国家的民主自治。

And of course, there are some people who say that they're irreconcilable. And it just can't be done.And indeed I read in my Financial Times this morning, devoted reader that I am. Seriously, it is a great, great, great British brand. 6park.com

当然,有些人说它们是不可调和的。这是办不到的。事实上,今天早上,我读了《金融时报》,我是她的忠实读者。说真的,这是一家伟大的、伟大的英国品牌。

I read in my Financial Times this morning that there is no incoming leader, no incoming leader has ever faced such a daunting set of circumstances, it said.Well I look at you this morning and I ask myself, do you look daunted? Do you feel daunted? I don't think you look remotely daunted to me.And I think that we know we can do it and that the people of this country are trusting in us to do it and we know that we will do it. 6park.com

今天早晨,我读了《金融时报》。报道称,没有哪位即将上任的领导人面临过如此严峻的形势。今天早上看着你们,我问自己,你们看起来沮丧吗?你们感到气馁吗?我觉得你们一点也不害怕。我认为,我们知道我们能做到,这个国家的人民相信我们能做到。我们知道我们会做到的。

And we know the mantra of the campaign that has just gone by in case you have forgotten it. And you probably have.It is: deliver Brexit, Unite the country and defeat Jeremy Corbyn. And that is what we are going to do.We are going to defeat Jeremy Corbyn. 6park.com

生怕你们忘记,我要提一下刚刚过去的那场竞选的口号,不过你们多半也记不起来了。那就是:实现英国脱欧,团结全国人民,打败杰里米·科尔宾。这就是我们要做的。我们要打败杰里米·科尔宾。

I know,some wag has already pointed out that deliver, unite and defeat was not the perfect acronym for an election campaign, since unfortunately it spells 'dud'. But they forgot the final 'E' my friends. 'E' for energise. 6park.com

我知道,一些爱打趣的人已经指出,deliver、unite、defeat,并不是一场竞选活动的完美缩写词,因为很不幸,它会被拼成“dud”(译注:有不成功的意思)。但是他们忘了最后一个字母应该是E,我的朋友们。“E”代表了充满活力。

And I say to all the doubters, dude:We are going to energise the country.We are going to get Brexit done.On October 31,We are going to take advantage of all the opportunities that it will bring in a new spirit of can do. 6park.com

我要对所有怀疑者说:伙计们,我们要让这个国家充满活力。我们要完成脱欧。在10月31日之前,我们要利用好所有机会,再次发扬起实干的精神。

And we are once again going to believe in ourselves and what we can achieve. 6park.com

我们要再次相信自己,相信我们能成功。

And like some slumbering giant, we are going to rise and ping off the guy ropes of self-doubt and negativity with better education, better infrastructure, more police, fantastic full-fibre broadband sprouting in every household. We are going to unite this amazing country and we are going to take it forward.I thank you all very much for the incredible honour that you have just done me.I will work flat out from now on with my team that I will build. 6park.com

就像一些沉睡的巨人,我们将站起来,用更好的教育、更好的基础设施、更多的警察、更先进的宽带,打破自我怀疑、自我否定的枷锁。我们要团结这个了不起的国家,我们要让它努力前进。我非常感谢你们赋予我的难以置信的荣誉。从现在起,我要和我的团队一起努力工作。

I hope in the next few days, to repay your confidence, but in the meantime the campaign is over and the work begins. 6park.com

我希望在接下来的几天里报答你们的信任。但与此同时,竞选活动已经结束,工作已经开始。

Thank you all very much. 6park.com

非常感谢大家。

喜欢icemessenger朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ icemessenger的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
    进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]