[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
送交者: icemessenger[♂☆★★★SuperMod★★★☆♂] 于 2019-08-18 19:58 已读 423 次 1 赞  

icemessenger的个人频道

Todd: Mike, we're talking about diabetes. Often I hear about diabetes Type 1 and diabetes Type 2. What's the difference? 6park.com

Mike: That's right, Todd. There are two types of diabetes.There is. There's two types. There's Type 1 diabetes and there's Type 2. Type 1 is usually attributed to genetics and generally Type 1, it can happen at any age but it tends to happen when people are younger, and then for some reason, they still don't know why, but the pancreas, an organ in your body, it stops producing insulin, which is a hormone, and when that happens, you instantly become diabetic, and that's Type 1 diabetes. Now, Type 2 diabetes, generally speaking,is because of diet related issues. People who tend to have poor diets, or tend to be very overweight, and again I'm generalizingof course, so there's probably very healthy fit Type 2 diabetics that can still get it but generally, what I think happens with Type 2 diabetes, this is just a theory, that you put so much strain on your pancreas to produce insulin for all the sugar that you're eating that it just stops, it just runs out of insulin and slowly, slowly starts to slow down. 6park.com

Todd: So basically if you have a really poor diet, and you eat a lot of sugar and you don't exercise then you increase your chances.... 6park.com

Mike: Definitely. Definitely. You're increasing your chances. I'm sure of that.
Todd: Right. So, I think these days, one of the biggest problems is probably soda. I know I drink too much soda, so being a diabetic, do you ever drink soda or sweet drinks? 6park.com

Mike: Well, of course I do but like non-sugar sodas, like diet cokes and those kind of things, but of course I drink fruit juices, but generally I drink more water or try to drink drinks that don't have a lot of sugar added in them. 6park.com

Todd: Right. Now, actually if you have diabetes 1 or diabetes 2 is the result the same? 6park.com

Mike: Well, actually there's one major difference and I didn't mention. Type 1 diabetes have to use insulin injections. They have to inject insulin to control the blood sugars. Type 2 diabetes often can take pills, so they don't have to inject themselves, so it's a pretty major difference, I think psychologically if you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. 6park.com

Todd: And are the complications the same? 6park.com

Mike: Yeah, the complications can be the same. Yeah. 6park.com

Todd: Can you explain what can happen? 6park.com

Mike: Well, like what happened to me. Generally what happens, the blood sugar clogs your blood vessels inside your body and eventually it leads to things like amputations. It can lead to things like loss of vision. It can lead to all kinds of other health related problems where, you know, circulation is important, so thos?e are probably the biggest... liver disease, or sorry, kidney disease is another big one as well so people often lose their kidneys or their eyes - eyesight - or limbs. 6park.com

Todd: That's terrible. 6park.com

Mike: Yeah, it is. It's pretty serious. 6park.com

Todd: So the main thing to do to try to prevent it is to have a healthy lifestyle and eat a healthy diet. 6park.com

Mike: Yeah. Absolutely. Of course for Type 1 I don't think there is much you can really do to prevent it. If you get it, you get it, but definitely for Type 2 that's a good think to do.

本文音频下载链接请见最底部

文中生词

pancreas 胰腺
insulin 胰岛素
hormone 何尔蒙
amputation 切断术

词汇例句

generally speaking 通常来讲 6park.com

e.g:
Generally speaking, you will get a better service if you go to a more expensive restaurant. 6park.com

I think, generally speaking, doctors earn very good money.

每日口语

我每天靠两个闹钟起床
I am woken up by two alarm clocks every morning 6park.com

新闻热词

荒漠化防治=prevention and control of desertification 6park.com

We will promote afforestation, take comprehensive steps to control desertification, stony deserts, and soil erosion, strengthen wetland conservation and restoration, and better prevent and control geological disasters. 6park.com

开展国土绿化行动,推进荒漠化、石漠化、水土流失综合治理,强化湿地保护和恢复,加强地质灾害防治。 6park.com

退耕还林还草 turn marginal farmland to forests and grasslands 6park.com

生态补偿机制 mechanism for ecological compensation 6park.com

耕地流失 loss of arable land

听力测试(答案请见最底部)

1) What is attributed to Type 1 diabetes? 6park.com

a) Poor diet
b) Genetics
c) Pancreas failure
d) Allergies

2) What is attributed to Type 2 diabetes? 6park.com

a) Pancreas failure
b) Excess weight
c) Unhealthy lifestyle
d) Genetics

3) As a diabetic, what does Mike tend to drink? 6park.com

a) Diet Soda
b) Juice
c) Water
d) Sweet tea

4) What is the same with Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes? 6park.com

a) Injections
b) Pills
c) Health problems
d) Prevention

流行新词

落汤鸡=be like a drowned rat 6park.com

He was wet all over like a drowned rat.
他浑身湿得像只落汤鸡。

今日短语

Bugbear 烦人的事 6park.com

It’s a bugbear of mine that you smack your lips while eating.
我很受不了你吃饭时吧唧嘴的这个习惯。
测试答案 6park.com

1. bc; 2. abc; 3. a; 4. c

音频下载

https://www.ximalaya.com/waiyu/14812466/

喜欢icemessenger朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ icemessenger的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]