[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
在远程工作期间为自己加分
送交者: icemessenger[♂☆★★★SuperMod★★★☆♂] 于 2020-10-26 4:39 已读 748 次 1 赞  

icemessenger的个人频道

在家工作四个月来,经常出错的我注意到,有些人以毫不松懈的胜任能力从事着远程工作。在观察他们的行为后,我总结出五个要点。

In the course of this pandemic I have committed a number of blunders while working from home. 6park.com

在这场新冠疫情期间,我在家工作时犯了许多错误。 6park.com

I have muttered a mild obscenity on a video call, thinking I was on mute. Towards the end of a very long web meeting, in the excitement of finally getting the chance to speak, I clicked the wrong button and logged myself out of the call. 6park.com

我在一次视频通话中嘀咕了一句轻度的脏话,以为系统是在静音状态。在一个漫长的网络会议快结束的时候,我在终于有机会发言的兴奋中按错了按钮,结果退出了会议。 6park.com

Last week something worse happened. Having lazily ignored the erratic behaviour of my online calendar, I nearly missed out on a vital work meeting because the diary’s notification system conked out. 6park.com

上周发生了更糟糕的事情。我心不在焉地忽视了自己的在线日历的不稳定行为,结果差点错过了一个重要的工作会议,因为日记的通知系统出了故障。 6park.com

None of this was career-shattering. Yet taken together, it adds up to an unsettling realisation: getting ahead in the home office requires dedication. 6park.com

所有这些都不会毁掉你的职业生涯。然而放在一起,它让人不安地意识到:在家工作取得成功需要敬业。

I doubt I would have grasped this were I not in regular contact with people who, like me, are heading into their fourth month of remote working but unlike me, are doing it with unflagging competence. Having watched them in action, here’s what I have picked up. 6park.com

我怀疑,要不是我和一些人保持经常接触,我还会明白这一点。这些人和我一样,正在进入远程工作的第四个月,但与我不同的是,他们以毫不松懈的胜任能力从事着远程工作。在观察了他们的行为后,我总结出以下五个要点。

Get on top of digital presenteeism. 6park.com

Office workers have always understood the need to appear busy. This was easier in the physical office, where you could stay at your desk until the boss went home or hang a coat on the back of your chair. The adroit home worker has cottoned on to useful digital alternatives. 6park.com

掌握数字出勤主义。办公室工作人员总是明白需要看起来忙碌一些。这在实体办公室更容易一些,在那里你可以坚守在办公桌前,直到老板回家或者在你的椅背上挂一件外套。熟练的居家工作者找到了有用的数字替代品。

First, jam your online diary with appointments, then adjust your settings to make sure this busyness is widely visible. Also, attend as many online meetings as possible and speak at least once, even if you have nothing meaningful to say. When possible, show a slide or two to cement the impression of serious activity. 6park.com

首先,在网上日程中塞满预约,然后调整设置,确保这种忙碌被广泛看到。此外,参加尽可能多的在线会议,每次至少发言一次,即使你没有什么有意义的话要说。可能的话,展示一两张幻灯片来巩固认真投入工作的形象。

Make paranoia your friend. 6park.com

Remote working is a recipe for paranoia. At home alone, we turn out to be remarkably good at transforming a terse email or unanswered phone message into a career crisis. The effective home worker recognises this anxiety for what it is: an advantage over anyone who thinks that in these troubled economic times, it is fine to relax. It is not, especially if you have the sort of job that made more sense before Covid-19 than after it. 6park.com

让偏执成为你的朋友。远程工作是导致偏执的配方。独自呆在家里,我们很容易将简短的电子邮件或未回复的电话留言视为职业危机。有效的居家工作者认识到这种焦虑的实质:相比那些以为在当下经济困难时期可以放松的人,这是一种优势。其实不可以放松,尤其是如果你从事的工作在新型冠状病毒肺炎(COVID-19,即2019冠状病毒病)之前比之后更有存在价值的话。

I was reminded of this the other day by a colleague who had been talking to the boss of a well-known business. Pre-virus, the boss had relied on a bunch of middle managers who had roamed around speaking to more junior local managers about how their far-flung outposts were faring. Post-Covid, the top boss simply got all the local managers on to a regular Zoom call and heard for himself what was happening. Grim plans are now afoot for the bypassed middle managers. 6park.com

前几天,一位同事提醒我,他和一家知名企业的老板谈过话。新冠疫情爆发前,这位老板依赖一群中层管理人员前往遥远经营地点,与更初级的管理人员谈论工作情况。疫情爆发后,高层老板干脆定期召集所有当地经理在Zoom上开视频会议,亲自了解情况。结果是,针对被绕开的中层管理人员的无情计划正在酝酿中。

Don’t just call, video call. 6park.com

Paranoid or not, it is easier to stay alert to potential office disaster when you can see a person’s face. Often, it is also more fun. I know introverts prefer the phone, or better yet email. These times call for courage. Hit that video call button. 6park.com

不要只是打电话,要视频电话。不管多疑与否,当你能看到一个人的脸时,会更容易对潜在的办公室灾难保持警觉。这往往也更好玩。我知道内向的人更喜欢打电话,或者发电子邮件。当下需要勇气。点击视频通话按钮吧。

Be ruthless with your time. 6park.com

For parents of young children, home working means two jobs: the one they get paid for and the second one of child care or home schooling. It’s a nightmare. It also requires a rarity: artful team management. I know several people with older children — or none — who have been asked to help shoulder family unfriendly office hours, only to find themselves working crushing hours for weeks on end without respite. Try not to be that person. 6park.com

精打细算你的时间。对于有年幼子女的父母来说,在家工作意味着两份工作:一份是有报酬的工作,另一份是照顾孩子或家庭教育。这是一场噩梦。它还需要一种稀有的东西:巧妙的团队管理。我认识几个有大孩子(或者没有孩子)的人,他们被要求帮助分担家庭不友好时段的工作,结果发现他们自己连续几周在让人筋疲力尽的时段加班加点,没有休息。尽量不要成为这种人。

Try to conquer the tech. 6park.com

Finally, there is the internet, or rather the digital divide between broadband haves and have-nots. That split has been laid bare as everything from classrooms to courtrooms have gone online. Even in the US, as many as 163m people are not using the internet at broadband speeds by some estimates. This must be fixed, but in the meantime, any office worker who can afford to upgrade a dodgy connection should think about it. Apart from seamless work calls, it lets you do conference talks, client presentations and a slew of other career-enhancing work now going online. Not convinced? Then consider one big add-on benefit: bawling at the household to stay off Fortnite and Facebook so you can get through a work Zoom call can finally come to a blessed and overdue end. 6park.com

尝试征服科技。最后,还有互联网的问题,或者更准确地说是宽带富人和宽带穷人之间的数字差距。随着从上课到诉讼等所有事务都在网上进行,这种差距表露无遗。据估计,即使在美国,也有多达1.63亿网民的上网没有达到宽带速度。必须解决这个问题,但与此同时,任何承受得起升级不可靠连接的上班族都应该考虑升级。除了工作电话顺畅之外,它还能让你在网上开会时发表讲话、向客户演示和完成其他许多有助于职业发展的工作。还不相信?那么想一想一个巨大的附加福利:嚷嚷着叫家人远离《堡垒之夜》(Fortnite)和Facebook,以便你可以加入一个Zoom工作会议——早该结束的这一窘境将终于一去不复返。

喜欢icemessenger朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ icemessenger的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

手机扫描进入,浏览分享更畅快!

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]