[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
英卫生大臣上节目“求感谢”,主持人怒怼:我们死了近13万人!
送交者: icemessenger[♂☆★★★SuperMod★★★☆♂] 于 2021-02-26 19:09 已读 630 次 1 赞  

icemessenger的个人频道

当地时间23日,英国卫生大臣马特•汉考克在一档节目中说,英国民众应该“感谢”他的团队,随后就被主持人皮尔斯•摩根给怼了。

据英国itv网站报道,几天以前,伦敦高等法院裁定,英国政府未能披露新冠疫情期间数十亿英镑个人防护装备(PPE)支出的细节,违反了法律。而汉考克坚称,面对第一波疫情时,英国“没有全国性”的PPE短缺问题。因此,汉考克被指责“厚颜无耻的撒谎”。 6park.com

Matt Hancock was accused of a "barefaced lie" after he insisted there was “no national outage” of personal protective equipment (PPE) for NHS staff during the first wave of the Covid pandemic. The health secretary spoke days after the High Court ruled the government unlawfully failed to publish details of billions of pounds’ worth of coronavirus-related contracts.

在《早安英国》节目中,汉考克称相比起在疫情中挽救性命,有关防护用品的透明性问题是“排在第二位”的。此外,相关部门人员也在加班加点采购防护用品。 6park.com

Hancock has said legal cases about transparency returns were “second order” to saving lives and said his officials had been working long hours to procure PPE instead. 6park.com

他还称,英国的全国医疗系统“差一点”就用完了所有防护用品,但是多亏了他的团队,才避免出现这一情况。 6park.com

In the interview, he also claimed the NHS was “very close” to running out of PPE but prevented the worst thanks to his team - despite desperate shortages across the country. 6park.com

尽管面临批评,汉考克称:“我认为,在这个节目中,要感谢我们的团队,他们太努力了。” 6park.com

Despite the criticism, he said: “I think we should be on this programme thanking my team, they worked so hard.” 6park.com

正是这一番说辞,让主持人皮尔斯•摩根开腔回怼:“你和你的团队对于疫情处理十分糟糕,导致我们现在有着全欧洲最高的死亡病例数,13万。” 6park.com

Morgan rebuked him: “You and your team have presided over a woeful handling of this pandemic that has led to us having the worst death toll in Europe, 130,000 dead. "

汉考克试图发言辩解,但是被主持人的声音盖过。 6park.com

“所以,我很抱歉,卫生大臣,当你出现时,我的第一反应绝不是对你和你的团队表达感谢。因为我不认为,13万的死亡病例数意味着你们处理得很好。” 6park.com

“So I’m sorry if my first thought when you come on, Health Secretary, is not to thank you and your team. Because I don’t think 130,000 deaths shows that you handled it well.” 6park.com

汉考克则表示很恼火自己的发言被打断。

当地时间2月24日,英国卫生和社会保障部公布的疫情最新数据显示,过去24小时英国新增新冠肺炎确诊病例9938例,累计确诊达4144577例;新增死亡病例442例,累计121747死亡例。 6park.com

伦敦高等法院的相关裁定出炉后,有呼声要求汉考克道歉,但是他再次拒绝。“我不会道歉,因为这样做好像在暗示我当时应该采取不一样的行动。” 6park.com

Facing several calls to apologise after the court ruling, Hancock once again refused,“I won’t apologise because to apologise would imply that I’d do something differently,” he said. 6park.com

“在去年4-5月份,我们面临的情况是,获取防护用品非常非常困难,有些人拿不到,我们的团队则很努力……如果在当时,把抢救生命的人手抽调出来去做文书工作,哪怕仅仅是两周的时间,也是错误的。” 6park.com

“And, given the choices we were faced with in April and May when there were very, very serious problems with access to PPE and some people were going without and the team were working so hard… to have taken some of the team off that lifesaving work in order to complete the paperwork on time instead of just [being] over a fortnight late that would have been wrong.” 6park.com

英国工党心理健康影子大臣Rosena Allin-Khan曾在英国封锁期间,作为医疗系统人员在前线工作,她指责汉考克“试图重写历史”。 6park.com

Rosena Allin-Khan, Labour's shadow minister for mental health, an NHS A&E doctor who worked on the frontline during lockdown, accused Mr Hancock of "trying to rewrite history".

她说:“宣称没有出现过防护用品短缺现象是侮辱性的。很多一线工作人员的防护装备配给是限量的,这让他们处于危险之中。很多防护装备不完善,也不合身,有些医护人员自己动手用垃圾袋做成了防护服。” 6park.com

She said: "It is an insult to claim there was no shortage of PPE. Many frontline workers had to ration protective equipment, putting themselves at risk. Lots of it was inadequate and poorly fitting, and some NHS staff had to make gowns themselves from bin bags."

喜欢icemessenger朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ icemessenger的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]