[返回学习园地首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
《Reader's Digest 读者文摘》 2021年 6月刊
送交者: icemessenger[♂☆★★★SuperMod★★★☆♂] 于 2021-06-07 5:45 已读 1135 次  

icemessenger的个人频道

A Good Place 6park.com

It sounds odd, I know, but I’d like to ask you to scan your life for the next minute, while you read this. You are looking for a place in your world where you’ve felt caring. Where you’ve seen people come together to help others in need, whether it’s for a meal, a laugh, or a hand when disaster struck. A place of big hearts where you feel that you belong and where others share that feeling, even if they are strangers. 6park.com

You know such a place because you’ve been there. It’s on a front porch in your town after something difficult has happened and help is on the way. It’s on a Zoom call with people collaborating respectfully to address a problem at work or in your city. It could be on the line with someone—a service representative or a local official going out of his or her way to solve an issue for you. You know the phrase “up to no good”? This is a place where you sense the polar opposite: These people are up to good. 6park.com

Scan your schools, your stores, your online experiences, and your houses of worship—any place you gather with others and have felt the power of people being together no matter their background. This is the place where you have said to yourself, I feel helped … These people are making good things happen … I can help too. 6park.com

Hold that thought, because now I will ask you to do one more thing. Take a moment to write me about those people and why you smile when you think about them. This is important. America today could use this example from your life. It has been a year of storms, shootings, a pandemic, and more, but in our communities, we are still standing—and these places are why. We need to hear any story, no matter how small, of people who have each other’s backs. 6park.com

In moments when we lose faith, the simplest submission—maybe yours—can restore it. Thank you for following along, and for the stories you will tell. This search for the Nicest Places in America is on­going, and valuable. Join it. And thank you, as always, for reading.

文件大小: 19.4 MB

PDF 下载链接:

https://vk.com/doc322500912_602939571?hash=0e773ef0fa26ec4346 6park.com

6park.com

喜欢icemessenger朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ icemessenger的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回学习园地首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

• 130图 - icemessenger (12343 bytes) 06/07/21

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
    进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]