[返回军事纵横首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
代表中国参加2022年北京冬奥会的史密斯公开表示没有放弃美国国籍
送交者: 蔚小宝[品衔R2☆] 于 2022-02-12 12:10 已读 1163 次  

蔚小宝的个人频道

中国是在执行自己的法律规则吗?

如果谷爱凌和其他为中国参赛的美国运动员实际上已经放弃了他们的美国公民身份,他们可能会享受代表一个新国家的好处。但他们与出生国的法律、财务和后勤关系将变得无限复杂。

同样,国际奥委会对运动员拥有双重国籍没有意见。这个问题之所以在谷爱凌成为焦点,是因为中国的国籍法反对它。问题是,他们是否正在执行这项法律,还是将法律当成废纸。

杰里米·史密斯(Jeremy Smith) 是来自密歇根州迪尔伯恩的曲棍球运动员,但他正在代表中国参加比赛。他告诉ESPN,为中国效力的条件之一是他不会放弃他的美国公民身份。

他说:“他们(中国官员)说,'别担心,我们不会问你,这不是整个过程的目的,这是为了让你有资格参加奥运会'。”

史密斯还告诉雅虎体育:“当我在中国时,我是中国人,我得到了中国人的支持,对此我真的很感激。当我去美国时,我就是美国人。”

如果您一直在关注谷爱凌的故事,那么这种推理方式应该很熟悉,他们都得到中国官方放出的话。

当被问及谷爱凌的公民身份时,她多次表示:“当我在美国时,我是美国人;当我在中国时,我是中国人。” 6park.com

Is China enforcing its own rule?

If Eileen Gu and other American athletes competing for China have in fact renounced their citizenship, they may enjoy the benefits of representing a new nation. But their legal, financial and logistical relationship with the country of their birth will have become infinitely more complicated.

Again, the IOC doesn’t have a problem with athletes having dual citizenship. The reason the issue has come to the forefront is because of China’s rule against it. The question is, whether they’re enforcing it.

Jeremy Smith is a hockey player from Dearborn, Michigan, but is competing in the games for China. He told ESPN that one of the conditions to playing for China was that he would not renounce his U.S. citizenship.

"They were like, 'Do not worry. We will not ask you. This is not what this whole process is about. It's about getting you qualified for the Olympics,' " he said.

Smith also told Yahoo Sports, “When I'm in China, I'm a Chinese. I'm supported by the Chinese, and I'm truly thankful for that. And when I go to America, I'm American.”

If you’ve been following the Eileen Gu story, that line of reasoning should be familiar.

“I’m American when I’m in the U.S.,” Gu has stated on multiple occasions when asked about her citizenship, “and Chinese when I’m in China.”https://sports.yahoo.com/eileen-gu-and-the-repercussions-of-renouncing-us-citizenship-123345918.html 6park.com

2022 Olympics: Eileen Gu and the repercussions of renouncing U.S. citizenship (yahoo.com)
喜欢蔚小宝朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ 蔚小宝的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回军事纵横首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

手机扫描进入,浏览分享更畅快!

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]