[返回杂论闲侃首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
不知道这个算原创不!?嘻嘻,来看看吧!
送交者: flinstone[♂★★VIP中屁★★♂] 于 2021-04-22 0:59 已读 710 次 3 赞  

flinstone的个人频道

今天早上上班,车上听早间节目CBC radio one.... Mark Connolly, Edmonton AM 6park.com

讲道一个啥 后院奇怪的生物。。。哈哈,就一直仔细听得,觉得很好玩,晚上找到连接,给它笔记下来了: 6park.com

总的来说,就是一种小虾,淡水里的,因为鸭子嘴里太多,或由于寄生虫,粘在羽毛上, 飞的时候掉到了这个女人家的后院。。。 6park.com

连接:https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-17-edmonton-am/clip/15838499-how-shrimp-creatures-end-edmonton-backyards 6park.com

我就玩儿一次。。。嘿嘿! 6park.com

Mark:  Last week, Tess Peters found an unusual creature in the back yard of her summerside home. Here is how she described: 6park.com

Tess: Yeah, I went outside to sit on the deck and there were three little.... I thought they were slugs, I guess they were bugs, and I went to check them out. They looked like they have a lot of lets, so I poked on with paint brush. And it started to going crazy and roaming, moving all over the place. So I paniced and ran away. HAHAHA  And then I came back and took a video and then swept it under the deck, so I didn't have to look at them anymore.... 好胆小的妹子。。。。 6park.com

Mark: That was Tess Peters talking about the odd creatures she found on her deck. Many social media sleuth cited it was a yard shrimp. It turns out it was commonly known as a SCUD 哈哈 飞毛腿导弹么??
6park.com

不是吧!!回头要去找找飞毛腿名字的渊源了。。。
6park.com

The species commonly found in fresh water. For more of this mystery creature, we join by Heather Proctor, she is a bug expert in University of Alberta. 哈哈,虫子教授。。。一看就挺像。。。

Mark: Hi
Heather: Hi
Mark: So what is the scud? I've never heard of it.
Heather: Uh.. yeah, even though, you've never heard of it, you've probably been near tens of thousands of them. Uh..as you roamed of Alberta. They are fresh water Amphipods. Amphipod is a kind of crustation and they are superabundant in any standing water body. One of my PhD student Joan Song (笔版,I m looking at you. 哈哈)found them in density of more than 2000 per square meter in water body of Edmonton.
这个在国外学过生物的同学可能知道这个词,我查的。。。哈哈,听不懂。。。
6park.com

Mark: Wow, so how big are they?
Heather: They ... (没听懂,同学帮帮忙吧!)if you scratch them out, they can be 1 cm . They do have a lot of legs, 2 anteni and they are just related to ISOPOD, which are the woodlise(好像是西瓜虫? 嘿嘿) that you might find under the rocks which are also crustation.

But in Alberta all of our Amphipods are fresh water, in certain places of the world, often in tropics, you do have true "yard shrimp", where the amphipods are living in damp leaf litter. I remember seeing them in Australia. And going, what the heck are these amphipods doing on land? But they turns out, in some nice warm palces in the world they do live on land. But not in Alberta. They are fresh water. 6park.com

Mark: Well, Tess gave us a great description of what she found and what she felt about them on her deck! but how coud this creature could come from a pond to a back yard like that? 6park.com

Heather: Yeah, that's sort the more aspect of the mystery. So undoubltedly fell from the sky, where was been carried . They, I guess there were 3 of them been carried by a brid, probably a duck! (嘿嘿,对4月鸭子都飞回来了!)
6park.com

And  then the next was why would a duck be carring them? It is possible that a bird, was had mouth full of them, just happen to drop them. But what's also likely is that the scuds themselves were holding on to the feather of the bird, and just like dropped off , as the brid was flying. I gathered the woman who found the amphipods lives near a lake? Is that correct? 6park.com

Mark: I think so, fairly close. 6park.com

Heather: Yeah, so what happens with the a lot of these amphipods is that they get parasitized by a thorny headed worm, Acanthocephala. (哈哈,这里就有点恶心了。。。)

6park.com

And these acanthocephala are also superabundant in water bodies around Alberta. And they used the amphipods as their 1st host.  So get in the amphipod and they grow a little bit. But what they really want to do is to get into duck or sometimes a muskrat.
6park.com

Because that where they can grow up, mature sexually and reproduce sexually inside the body of a warm blooded vertebrate. And the best way to get into them is to get a intermediate host eaten by a vertebrate (寄生虫都这么聪明么??达尔文!)So the acanthocephala, they actually take over the amphipod to some extend - take over their brains. and change their behavior. Usually a scud would swim away from light and disturbance. And like a duck swimming ahead, uninfected amphipods would swim away, but if they housed a acanthocephala, their brain gets turned around, and they get attracted to light and they get attracted to moving object. So they grab moving object, so ducks can be just totally covered with parasitized amphipods that grabing on to their feathers. 6park.com

Mark: WOW  ( 哈哈,当时听到这里,我也wow了一声) 6park.com

Heather: And while they grom themselves, the duck would ingest the amphipods, likewise a muskrat would also eat the amphipods.
6park.com

And  then the acanthocephala will emerge inside the body of these other host. And they are take up residence. Sometimes for yeats, they can live for a long time in their final host. 6park.com

Mark: Wow, that's fasinating chain of events. 6park.com

Heather: It is all here in AB, sounds like tropical things to go on, but no, we have some complex host symboisis relationship in our own back yard as our own decks, I guess sometimes.
6park.com

Mark: And how dangerous is the parasites to the bird? 6park.com

Heather: Actually it is really not very dangerous at all. They are very long live parasites. and they want their host live as long as possible. so they can live as long as possible. (听到这里,我想起 Tealc 和他肚子里的 Goa'uld...哈哈!)
6park.com

so they are pretty benign parasites for the birds. That doesn't mean all parasites are nice and gentle. Just happen to be in this case that they aren't too bad. 6park.com

Mark: So then if we find a scud in our yard or anywhere else on our property, shoudl we do anything about it? Does it have any effect on us? 6park.com

Heather: No, I wouldn't EAT it...HAHAHA... (说道这里我一下子就想到:这他么不是在隐射中国人吧??哈哈哈哈!!乳化!!) 6park.com

寒暄,打趣之后。 6park.com

6park.com

今天就是觉得这个小采访挺好玩,觉得没有几分钟的对话,她么,我又搞了一晚上,不过,这次刚刚12点!!哈哈! 6park.com

评分完成:已经给 flinstone 加上 200 银元!

喜欢flinstone朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ flinstone的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回杂论闲侃首页]
帖子内容是网友自行贴上分享,如果您认为其中内容违规或者侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们核实后会第一时间删除。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]