[返回缘聚美国首页]·[所有跟帖]·[ 回复本帖 ] ·[热门原创] ·[繁體閱讀]·[版主管理]
我在2022年出了车祸,我的律师帮我拿到了法院判决的赔偿金,我要交税吗? 问题
送交者: nowhere1[♂☆★★✦娱乐人生✦★★☆♂] 于 2023-03-18 22:48 已读 17723 次  

nowhere1的个人频道

我在2022年出了车祸,我的律师帮我拿到了法院判决的赔偿金,我要交税吗? 6park.com

一般来说,因人身伤害和解或法院判决而获得的赔偿不被美国国税局视为应税收入。 这包括对医疗费用、工资损失以及痛苦和苦难的补偿。 但是,和解或判决中专门分配给工资损失或利润损失的任何部分可能需要缴纳联邦所得税。 6park.com

重要的是要注意税收规则可能很复杂,并且会根据您案件的具体情况而有所不同。 例如,如果您要求扣除前一年与您的受伤相关的医疗费用,您可能需要为与这些费用相关的和解或判决的任何部分纳税。 此外,如果您从和解或判决中获得利息,该利息可能需要缴纳联邦所得税。 6park.com

建议您咨询税务专业人士,以确定您的具体结算或判断的应税性,并确保您在纳税申报表上正确报告收入。 6park.com

我在上述案件中的判决奖励被认为是身体痛苦和惩罚性损害赔偿,我是否应该报案和纳税? 如前所述,因人身伤害和解或法院判决而获得的赔偿通常不被美国国税局视为应税收入,包括身体痛苦的赔偿和惩罚性赔偿。 因此,如果您的判决奖励仅用于身体痛苦和惩罚性赔偿,您通常不需要在联邦所得税申报表中将其作为应税收入报告。 6park.com

但是,如果赔偿金的任何部分被分配给其他类型的损害赔偿,例如工资损失或医疗费用,则该部分可能需要缴纳联邦所得税。 州税法也可能适用于该奖励,因此最好咨询税务专业人士以确保您在纳税申报表上正确报告了收入。 6park.com

继续上面的案例,我应该得到某种税表来报告吗? 如果您收到和解或法院判决,您可能会收到付款人的纳税申报表,报告和解或判决的金额,以及该金额所赚取的任何利息。 例如,如果您收到公司的结算,他们可能会向您发送 1099-MISC 表格以报告收入。 6park.com

但是,您也有可能不会收到任何税表,特别是如果和解或判决仅针对身体痛苦和惩罚性赔偿。 在这种情况下,您无需在联邦所得税申报表中申报收入。 6park.com

如果您不确定是否应该为您的和解或判决收到税表,您可能需要联系付款人,询问他们是否计划签发税表或咨询税务专业人士。
6park.com

I had an car accident in 2022, my laywer helped me to get compensation from court judgement, do I have to pay taxes on it? 6park.com

6park.com

6park.com

In general, compensation received as a result of a personal injury settlement or court judgment is not considered taxable income by the IRS. This includes compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, any portion of the settlement or judgment that is specifically allocated to lost wages or lost profits may be subject to federal income tax.

It's important to note that tax rules can be complex and can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. For example, if you claimed a deduction for medical expenses related to your injury in a prior year, you may have to pay tax on any portion of the settlement or judgment that is related to those expenses. Additionally, if you received interest on the settlement or judgment, that interest may be subject to federal income tax.

It's recommended that you consult with a tax professional to determine the taxability of your specific settlement or judgment and to ensure that you are properly reporting the income on your tax return. 6park.com

my judgement reward in above case is considered physical suffering and punitive damage, should I report the case and pay tax on it? 6park.com

As mentioned earlier, compensation received as a result of a personal injury settlement or court judgment is generally not considered taxable income by the IRS, including compensation for physical suffering and punitive damages. Therefore, if your judgment reward was solely for physical suffering and punitive damages, you would generally not be required to report it as taxable income on your federal income tax return.

However, if any portion of the award is allocated to other types of damages, such as lost wages or medical expenses, that portion may be subject to federal income tax. It's also possible that state tax laws could apply to the award, so it's a good idea to check with a tax professional to ensure that you are properly reporting the income on your tax return. 6park.com

continue above case, am I supposed to get some kind of tax form for me to report? 6park.com

If you received a settlement or court judgment, you may receive a tax form from the payer reporting the amount of the settlement or judgment, as well as any interest earned on the amount. For example, if you received the settlement from a company, they may send you a Form 1099-MISC to report the income.

However, it's also possible that you may not receive any tax form, particularly if the settlement or judgment was for physical suffering and punitive damages only. In this case, you would not need to report the income on your federal income tax return.

If you're unsure whether you should receive a tax form for your settlement or judgment, you may want to contact the payer to ask if they plan to issue a tax form or consult with a tax professional. 6park.com

6park.com

贴主:nowhere1于2023_03_18 22:49:08编辑
喜欢nowhere1朋友的这个贴子的话, 请点这里投票,“赞”助支持!
[举报反馈]·[ nowhere1的个人频道 ]·[-->>参与评论回复]·[用户前期主贴]·[手机扫描浏览分享]·[返回缘聚美国首页]
nowhere1 已标注本帖为原创内容,若需转载授权请联系网友本人。如果内容违规或侵权,请告知我们。

所有跟帖:        ( 主贴楼主有权删除不文明回复,拉黑不受欢迎的用户 )

用户名:密码:[--注册ID--]

标 题:

粗体 斜体 下划线 居中 插入图片插入图片 插入Flash插入Flash动画

图片上传  Youtube代码器  预览辅助

打开微信,扫一扫[Scan QR Code]
    进入内容页点击屏幕右上分享按钮

楼主本栏目热帖推荐:

>>>>查看更多楼主社区动态...

[ 留园条例 ] [ 广告服务 ] [ 联系我们 ] [ 个人帐户 ] [ 版主申请 ] [ Contact us ]